Welcome to Mette Sterre's website - a visual performance artist
I create costumes, installations, drawings and mostly performances. My work is socially engaged; picturing the society we try to live in from an ironic perspective.
Connecting to the experience of culture today, I involve the viewer in situations or environments which suggest the possibility of an action. These installations are brought to life through performance.
I offer alternatives to existing situations, constructively criticising.
Yet, it's about small things, sentimental and inter-human aspects each offering some resistance to MTV and Hollywood utopia's.
Being part of and guilty of the system it's also self critique.
Paradox and play.
- performing during FLAM4 at Arti et Amicitiae, Rokin 112, thursday 25th of april and friday 26th of april, at 21.00
- Currently working with the international theatergroup "MAPPED", in Athens on the play "Unstable", performed in the Rabbithole in the weekend of 19-21th of april
- Saturday the 16th of february Long Tongue Sally will perform at the Torture Garden's Valentine's Ball, in the Coronet Theater in London
- Sunday the 24th of february I'll be performing in Geraldine Pilgrim's Handbag performance, during the Peopling the Palace in the theater of Queen University in London
- Sunday the 24th of february till 31th of march the exhibition "You can argue about taste" in the Boymans-van Beuningen museum in Rotterdam will showcase the image of the work "hummelman", a groupshow about self-portraits